window units failed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok we have a bit of an issue with condensation in our glass units in two separate windows.

Fitter has semi admitted a fault with them but after 6months no action has occurred, just a lot of reasons for not doing anything.

The two windows in question both have a significant curve in the frame, one of them kicks out about 2cm in the middle, i noticed this only after fitting the decking, i strung a string line parallel to the windows to fit my decking and discovered the issue, reported it back at the time and was told it wouldn't be a problem. It may be coincidence but both of these windows have popped the seals evident by the severed condensation in both.

I checked out the FENSA site and see they will deal with issues if the fitting has failed the building regs.

It seems evident they were not fitted properly, is that covered under building regs for windows (quality of workmanship), if so who do i call to survey and asses the fitted windows in order to escalate this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
was he fensa registered ??
no one will be interested or take any action for you fensa may iff he is registered and you exhaust all avenues before hand
was your contract with the fitter or someone else
who ever your contract was with is your first port off call

Are you saying the window is bowed or just the spacer bar between the glass?

If its the spacer bar the unit manufacturer should replace them to the window company free of charge so all they need to do is order the replacements and pop round to fit them. 30 mins work for the company.

Fensa wont do anything on this matter Im afraid as its not a building regs issue.

What does your contract say about guarantees?

Personally I would give them one more chance to sort it. Put it in writing, Keep a copy and send by recorded delivery. Tell them they have 28 days to rectify the problem or you will have no choice to speak to Fensa, Trading standards and a solicitor.

Also check their website to see if they are members of any other trade associations you could add to that list.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back