Poor SFF Lenovo

Lol. How is the system performance in terms of perceived speed?
It would be a bit crap. No matter how you whip the old donkey, that's all it can do. Running windows 10 makes it far worst. Windows 10 will do updates every waking minute. It turns the machine into a lean mean update machine, not much good for anything else.

Sponsored Links
Was that a completely clean install? Were/are you connected to t'internet- if yes you may be unwittingly downloading a metric tonne of updates from Microsoft.
My 2010 Dell (single processor, 8 gig) was struggling with Win10 til I gave it an SSD, it's fine now and XP flies (dual boot).
Is your SSD a known brand (Kingston or Seagate or similar)- I bought a very cheap Chinese external SSD from Amazon last year, it was absolutely useless- dog slow so sent it back & got a real one instead.

Hi,
Can you give me more details of the system please.
Is it a thinkcentre m (whatever)

There are upgrade paths available which will eek you another couple of years out of it.
Most pertinent question is what do you want to do with it?
If it's gaming you'll need a discrete GPU of some description, and with it being SFF it's likely to need a half height.
Your CPU is a 35 Watt device, there are i7/Xeon's in the 45 Watt range but without details of the variant you have it's difficult to say if it will either work and/or have sufficient cooling.
Definitely invest in an SSD, the ar$e has fallen out of the solid state memory currently, so 500Gb/1Tb SATA drives are cheap as chips. As your processor is 2013+ vintage and NVME was released as a technology in 2012 this might be another option but impossible to tell without more information on the system.

I might have parts that can give you an uplift, let me know the model number and i'll see what I've got kicking around CPU wise.

Cheers
Lee
Take 1150/H3 cpu.

Sponsored Links
Back