Poor signal on my TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I live in a moderate to good signal area and so brought a high gain aerial and put it in the loft. I set up the signal with a small TV and got a 100% picture and signal on the TV signal input test. That was just under a week ago.
It was a prefect signal to start with however over a few days the picture started breaking down a line in middle of screen and pixels frozen this was on itv, channel 4 and 5 but the bbc was fine however now bbc 1 and 2 are also playing up! so any ideas please what is it too strong a signal too weak a signal what can I do to resolve
Many thanks Tully.

Sponsored Links
Start off by checking the aerial. Has the bracket allowed the aerial to sag or move? Try the small TV in the loft again. You're looking for 90-100 Quality and 60-80% strength. Report back with the findings.

Lucid, I went up in the loft, no movement on the aerial, I had secured it well and taped it also as a bit of belt and braces. The signal strength is good so I checked the cable and found that I had pulled the coax when I repositioned the TV after a few days and the connector to the TV was loose so refitted and now I have a prefect picture thanks to you it made me check everything again. Thank you so much.

Sponsored Links
Glad you're all sorted. Thanks for coming back with an update. That's very much appreciated. (y)

Looks like I broke your Thanks cherry too. You're now a +1 :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back