Poor Water Flow In New Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new shower has very little water flow. It has been installed by a plumber / bathroom fitters. We have a boiler (not combi) and the shower works off the hot water system and a mixer valve. The previous shower was the same general system but had a decent flow. You can't have a good shower with the new one due to the poor flow. Are there flow restrictors fitted in new showers? Can any one suggest a remedy /explanation for the poor flow with our new shower. The old one was ok for 20yrs . Why should the new one be so bad?

Sponsored Links
was the old one a thermostatic valve ?
how is it piped into system?
has it any restricting isolation valves ?
need more info.

seco services";p="832315 said:
was the old one a thermostatic valve ?
how is it piped into system?
has it any restricting isolation valves ?
ne ed more info.[/quote

Not a thermostatic valve. Two pipes hot and cold just come through wall into shower room,sorry my plumbing knowledge is limited/ none existent. I don't know about restricting isolation valves - where might they be? There is a hot water tank on same level as shower room,and a cold water tank in the loft.
Thanks for your interest/query.

Sponsored Links
if your old one was not a thermostatic and new is their will be a difference.
if you have gravity hot/cold as you say.
so you only have about a metre from the shower head to base of the cold water storage in loft that gives you 0.1 bar pressure.
the shower 9/10 will be poor flow.
consider having a pump fitted to it and that will boost your shower and be powerfull

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back