poor hot water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,i have just moved into a new house which has a sime 80c format combi boiler (gas),the hot water flow throught the house is pretty poor, i dont have the manual for the boiler so i dont know what its DHW flow rate should be,i have a mains supply of around 12 litres a minute(cold water) and the hot is flowing at 3 and a half litres a minute,i have fitted a mixer shower and its like getting spat on by a pigeon(yes i said SPAT not a misprint)so the question(eventually) is......is there a way of adjusting the hot water flow rate to give more pressure? if so how........or if not would fitting a shower pump to the shower help out any?? thanks for any help on this matter and a happy and prosperous new year to you all...........thestellaman

Sponsored Links
12l per min cold is pretty poor is there any valves that are partially closed or is all the street the same?

12l per min cold is pretty poor is there any valves that are partially closed or is all the street the same?

hi weareleeds, erm dont know about the rest of the street........will ask some1 when they all sober up.......as for any valves partially closed .....no they are all open,even at 12 litres a min should that not be enough pressure to give good hot water pressure from the boiler as i (think) that the boiler has a 9.5 l/min DHW flow rate as i said in my first post i dont have the manual this is just a figure i got from rooting around on the web,i realise that 9.5 l/min is probably the guide but even to get 8l/min from the boiler would mean i would stop havin to throw the shower head at myself to get wet............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back