Poor Flow Through Upstairs Shower and Taps

JtB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've recently had a new thermostatic shower fitted and flow of the new shower is poor compared to the old shower. I don't know if its related in any way, but the flow through all our upstairs hot taps is quite poor now. When you turn on the hot bath tap (for example), the flow is ok for about 30 seconds then it starts to falter, in fact tonight it stopped all together. Our house is about 13 years old and for the last 6 years we had a water softener on the main water supply into the house. Until recently we have always had a very strong flow through our taps and showers. We have a gravity fed system and I was wondering if air might have got into the system when the new shower was fitted. I was also wondering if one of the valves that was closed when the new shower was fitted might not have opened properly again (for whatever reason) or if there might be a blockage somewhere. I have checked the header tank in the loft to make sure the ballcock is working and that's fine.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back