Poor water pressure (now fixed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a 2 year old property and have noticed that the water presure on both Hot & Cold at the Kitchen Sink & Bath Tap have become increasingly low, to the point where the Kitchen Tap is little more than a trickle, a bath can take over 20-30mins to run to a resonable level. However the Bathroom sink and shower seem to be ok although i’m sure they used to be more powerful when we first moved in.

I have cleaned out the Aerators about 4months ago which at first made a huge difference as they were full of grit, i’ve since checked them again and they still look clean, if i run the tap without the Aerator it still dont seem to be very powerful. I’m thinking of replacing these unless i’m advised otherwise.

Not sure if its anything to do with the boiler but I recently noticed the pressure dial was low too (nearly in the red section) I have since repressurised the boiler around a month ago and it has remained a the same level.

There are no signs of leaks as I would have noticed by now.

So, any ideas welcome please?

Sponsored Links
I live in a 2 year old property

Going by your screen name i would expect you to have more diagnostic skills. As the property is new why are you trying a diy fix ?

The boiler operating pressure is your responsibility and needs topping up as per the boiler instructions,the tap flow needs investigation but it can vary depending on the installation/neighbours.

more info will be required but the age of the property suggests a call to the developer would be in order.

It happens to be a coincidence that the warrenty runs out today and they dont want to know....

Pressure is low on the Kitchen Tap at all times and is getting noticeably worse every day, so i doubt its anything to do with demand in the area.

I’m quite handy with everything execpt water...:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
It happens to be a coincidence that the warrenty runs out today and they dont want to know....

Maybe but as you have already alerted the warranty holder in :idea: writing and they mug you off,now you can call in an independent expert for a quote on reinstatement to original conditions.(except for the boiler pressure gauge reading,thats allowed to drop over 2 years,thats your responsibility).

Do you have a pressure reducing valve on your rising main? Sometimes these have a pre-filter which gets clogged with silt/sediment/rust and this will limit the flow through it.

Do you have a pressure reducing valve on your rising main? Sometimes these have a pre-filter which gets clogged with silt/sediment/rust and this will limit the flow through it.

Where can i find it, if i have one?

As above, what type of system? Are the taps all mains fed, do you have a hot water cylinder or cisterns in the loft?

Not entirely sure, think its a combi boiler. No tanks or cylinders. Sorry i’m usless with plumbing hence i came here.

Check at or around your mains tap for something looking like this, if there's a pressure reducing valve, that's where it'll be.

images

The Aerators, Swapped the Kitchen sink one for the Bathroom one tonight & the seemingly low pressure followed. Bathroom one was full of sand even though I had cleaned it out recently. Ordered some new ones, should be alright after that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back