porcelain tiles coming loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I recently had a refurb on my kitchen and the builder laid porcelain floor tiles. A week after laying, 2 came loose which he replaced. Now 2 weeks later, another 2 have come loose. I also notice quite a few sound hollow when they are tapped - Im getting worried.
The porcelain tiles were laid on top of ceramic tiles, which were all sound. He put self levelling compound down first, then used a rapid set adhesive (don't know what type). Im worried more are going to come loose. Ive got 3 spare tiles left from the batch. Have I got a big problem? Im grateful for any comments. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Need to find out if the adhesive he used has got porcelbond in it.

If they sound hollow it sounds like he hasnt got enough coverage behind the tile, get a coin and go round and tap the tiles if they all sound hollow then call the tiler back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back