Porch Building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my porch and have the original planning permission from 1971 for the first porch. If i keep the same dimensions do i have to re-apply. On the cost front is timber or brick cheaper?????????? :confused:

Sponsored Links
The Planning Permission you have will only be valid for the existing one, and the plans may be out of date also as building regs and methods change.

I would sugest taking the plans to your local BRO, and ask if they are a problem. Thier advice is free to all.

Thanks for that mate............bricks or timber , which is cheaper

I would say Timber, however maintainance costs would be higher as timber would have to be treated at regular periods.

Sponsored Links
We are about to replace our porch also. We have had several people round to give quotes and none seem to think that we will need planning permission because we are only replacing what is there and not increasing the useable space.

I think I might contact our local planning office just to be sure.

Meblin

You may not need planning permission, however it will need to conform to the current building regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back