Porch downlights (with crummy diagram)

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Thanks to all for your replies and suggestions. I checked the connections at the FCU, the PIR and each lamp earlier today. I'm happy that I wired as I intended and as intructions state. In response to an earlier point, Lamp 1's live is connected to L1 on the PIR and each subsequent lamp's live, neutral and earth is simply connected to the previous lamps live, neutral and earth (essentially creating one cable that enters each terminal block).

I was going to to swap the lampholders and connecting blocks around and see if it was a problem with the holders...

Alas, londonboy's suggestion appears to have borne some fruit. I switched Lamp 1 GU10 over to Lamp 3 (leaving Lamp 1 position empty) and Lamp 3 worked without incident.

Took another GU10 from the other end of the multipack and put it in Lamp 1 position... and all three are now functioning fine.

Probably should have done that sooner... but a run of 3 duff lamps seemed improbable.

Glad you are sorted, I'd imagine you just had a dodgy batch of bulbs, probably dropped by the wally in the store :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back