Porch Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I currently have a porch with redlands 49 tiles on top, recently had new double glazing installed and they removed all the old hardwood timber frames and installed upvc. I've noticed they haven't installed any steel post for the colum and nothing on the top groove going across.

The double glazing company said it perfectly fine for the roof to rest on the upvc frame itself.

Also the upvc frames were not butted to the wall plate and where fill with expanding foam filler.

Can someone please tell me if this is ok and does this pass building regs?

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't think you need to bother about bldg. regs approval if there is a door between the house and the porch, whether it is good building practice is another matter. Presume the pvc frames have some sort of reinforcement if they say they can support a tiled roof .

Post this in the windows forum, as there are a few fitters there who will comment.

Normally though, there should be a reinforced post and/or head beam above the frames. The firm should not self certify an installation if it is not correct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back