Portable Airconditioner Venting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Possibly posting in the wrong forum so sorry about that.

It's getting pretty warm the last couple of weeks so I've bought a portable aircon unit which does a good job of cooling my bedroom before I go to bed.
It has a vent pipe which I've so far had poked out of an open window. This isn't ideal and I'd rather not have to cut a huge hole in my wall.

My idea is to cut a hole in my ceiling and run an extraction pipe inside my loft so it joins up with the extraction pipe for my en suite. That way when summer is over, i can disconnect the pipe in the bedroom leading from the unit to ceiling and blank it off.

anyone got any reasons why this isn't a good idea?

the extraction pipe is 6 inch same as my bathroom extraction pipe so a simple T piece would do the job.

something like this
http://www.fantronix.com/acatalog/Ventilation_Ducting_-_T_Joint.html

Sponsored Links
The nice weather will be over soon and if your aircon is anything like mine it will sit in the garage unused for the next 10 years. It's not worth the effort of making a permanent hole. As far as your idea goes, what's to stop the hot air from the aircon going into your bathroom? and vice versa?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back