Portable Sandblast Unit Hire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need to hire a portable sand blast unit. HSS told me they do not hire them out anymore.

Can anyone provide an alternative hire company? Or is there alternative unit that can be adapted to sand blast?

I'm in the Glasgow area.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
My KEW pressure washer has a sand blasting attachment, but it depends on what you are going to do.

Interesting. What model is it?

I'm cleaning internal sandstone walls.

poo - Hewden's do 'em; small, medium, big blast pot models. 7 branches in Glasgow.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that symptoms but apparently they don't. Phoned 4 local branches and they all said they don't do them.

I think I might have to resort to a wire brush gun?

Interesting. What model is it?

I'm cleaning internal sandstone walls.
Sorry don't know the model number as it is an old one & all the identification numbers have worn off. However I would not recomend it for internal use as you still have to use water (lots of it). Is the sandstone a crimped or dressed finish ( uneven or flat) because as it is relatively soft it is not difficult to clean with a wire brush or the tungsten carbide covered metal sanding dics on an electric drill. Alternatively professional shot blasters are not that expensive, ask for a quote it will save you a lot of grief( it is a bloody awful job to do)

Yeah, I think i'm all out of luck. Every hire place I have phoned except one had them. But they were diesel powered and sounded pretty industrial.

Got one more route to go down before I call it quits on Sandblasting.

Wire brushing is defo out the equation - it would take me a year to get it all finished. Plus it was leaving a metal/silver colour on the brick.

Do you think either of these would be suitable for it?

http://www.hss.com/g/5241/Textured-Surface-Remover.html
http://www.hss.com/g/6421/Hand-Held-Scaler-Kit.html

I think the textured surface remover could be a possibility?

Cheers again,

David

poo - I hired a Model 10 - 28 Air Driven Blast Pot from my local Hewdens (in Kent) in 2005 (the grit pot was about 20" in dia & about 36" tall); maybe they've stopped doing them. Why not give their Head Office a call (01698-804500 - yes, it's in Glasgow!) to check; I'll tell you why it might be worth double-checking .... I needed to bend a load of 2.5" thick-walled steel tube so needed a hydraulic bending machine with plenty of grunt, my local branch said they didn't do them, I knew that Hewdens did, I insisted they check the stock situation in S.England branches, they found the tackle in E.Anglia, vanned it down to my local next day.

If you want to do some sandblasting, of large areas, the more industrial the better.... will be done in no time. By the very nature of it, the effective equiptment is industrial.

Hi PooMoo...............

You can hire Sandblasting equipment from Brandon Tool Hire. If this doesn't link it's under Surface Prep--->Air Grit Blaster. They are a few Brandon tool hire places in Glasgow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back