position of air vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm fitting a cylinder (old one was ripped out by vandals when the house was empty) and its got 2 X two port valves, as the two port for the HW coil is entering horizontally where do i fit the air vent (before or after the valve) as i cant remember where it was. Ta for any advice.

Sponsored Links
The air vent should be fitted at the highest point in the pipe work, as air being lighter than water will collect at the highest part ;)

The important thing is that the vent is positioned so that there is NO valve that may be closed between the boiler and the vent.

Prior to the use of 2 & 3 port valves the vent could come off the flow to the coil just before the cylinder as this was the highest point in HW circuit. Nowadays it and the feed are usually placed close together between the boiler and the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back