Position of outdoor sensor for Weather Compensated Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am in the middle of having a Vaillant EcoTec Plus 831 installation and had requested a VRC-430 weather compensating control.

My installer has read the instructions and it states that the outside sensor should be placed on a N or NW facing wall. He doesn't want to install it because my terraced house does not have one of these!

As I understand it, the reason for this location is so that the sensor gets an accurate outdoor temperature reading so can't be in direct sun etc. I do have a NE facing wall which is shaded almost all day due to a large tree in the garden. Can anyone see a problem using this position?

All ideas gratefully received so I can persuade my installer to continue !

Thanks, Daniel

Sponsored Links
you can mount it right up under the eaves where it will be shaded from direct sunlight. make sure he calibrates it. i found mine to be a few degrees out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back