Weather Compensation Control?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you generally install a weather compensator (outdoor temp sensor) on to an existing boiler?

I know you can get them to install on new systems but I wasn't sure if I can put one on my boiler?

Sponsored Links
Can you generally install a weather compensator (outdoor temp sensor) on to an existing boiler?

I know you can get them to install on new systems but I wasn't sure if I can put one on my boiler?

The answer used to be yes. Danfoss made a unit called the BEM 5000. It measured the outside temp/return temp and fired the boiler/ran the pump independently. It wasn't true weather comp as it couldn't modulate the boiler but it did work and I have fitted them to electric boilers to improve efficiency.

Danfoss obviously didn't see a future in it as it was discontinued a few years ago. If you call them to enquire the will tell you its not needed on modern systems. Thats ok, but what about the older systems out there?! You can sometimes pick them up on fleabay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back