Vaillant VSMART: how to turn off weather compensation?

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi there.

I have recently bought a VSMART control for my Vaillant boiler. I feel the weather compensation too intrusive, so that when the outdoor temperature is not too low, the load is very low and the temperature remains more than 1.5 ºC below the setpoint.

So, is there a way to switch off the weather compensation, but without switching off the internet connection?

Thank you indeed,

Jaume.

Sponsored Links
You should probably try increasing the heating curve first, which determines to what T° the CH water is heated in relation to the outside temperature...
I'm sure it's in the boiler's manual somewhere...

As above the heat curve needs adjusting to suit your property/requirements.

Thank you. I guess that the output T in the boiler doesn't play any role now with the VSMART.

Sponsored Links
I have improved its behaviour when the external temperature is near the the setpoint. The problem is that sometimes, the actual external T is much lower than the external T obtained by the VSMART, so the boiler doesn`t work at all, even if the internal T is below the setpoint.

So, I believe I have to turn off the weather compensation, the problem is I don't know how to. Another option would be to say that I'm in Helsinki.

Last edited:
OP, have to managed to sort this out?
I'm thinking of getting the vSmart system but not if it means a cold house all the time.

As far as I understand, not necessarily. If you live in a cold place, it works fine. I have solved it, at the moment, by setting a colder location. During the next days I will modulate the heating curve to not die burned. Other solution would be to increase manually the setpoint when necessary.

Looks like the advanced menu is not available in demo mode of the app.

Well, I don't know the demo mode, in the app there is an advanced menu in the settings of the thermostate. You can tune the offset, turn on/off the anticipation and the heating curve, among others. My only problem is when the outside temp is similar to the inside temp. This can be solved increasing the constant of the heating curve, but then it becomes too hot when it is cold outside. This is why I have cheated the app by choosing a colder ubication and setting the heating curve to 1.8. This has worked fine today, I will keeping and eye on it and fine-tunning it if necessary.

Why are you in demo mode?

I’m not familiar with that control specifically.
I don't actually have vsmart I'm just thinking about getting it.
I've read a lot of negative reviews on it. But there are a few really good opinions on it.
I'm just trying to weight it all up before I take the plunge.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know the demo mode, in the app there is an advanced menu in the settings of the thermostate. You can tune the offset, turn on/off the anticipation and the heating curve, among others. My only problem is when the outside temp is similar to the inside temp. This can be solved increasing the constant of the heating curve, but then it becomes too hot when it is cold outside. This is why I have cheated the app by choosing a colder ubication and setting the heating curve to 1.8. This has worked fine today, I will keeping and eye on it and fine-tunning it if necessary.
I'd be grateful of any updates you could give.

I have just talked with Vaillant SAT and he has confirmed that, for moderate weather like mine where there can be a high T span during the day, this could be a great solution: To choose a colder location in the app and tuning the heating curve so that the app thinks that the house is more efficient than it actually is. Doing so, it is expected to reach the setpoint and to maintain it without oscillations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back