Positioning of dishwasher socket and waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i in the picture attached - the gap is where I will fit intergrated dishwasher. As you can see there's a waste pope(which I want to link to the sink which is to the right of it) and a socket.

Is it not a good idea to have socket directly behind dishwasher? In addition will the waste pipe work? Howdens give 65mm service area behind the cabinets.

I may just have the dishwasher to the right of the sink if it is too much hassle.

Attachments

• IMG_8026.JPG
    IMG_8026.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 231
Sponsored Links
Out of experience fitting dishwasher and washing machines, they rarely have enough service area for pipework and the plug will no allow the appliance be pushed back to the wall far enough.
I would personally in this instance fit a socket outlet in an adjoining cabinet and extend the waste hose to an appliance trap at the sink and pipe up the water supply with a service valve a the sink if hoses cannot reach.
Alternative would be to have a flex plate behind appliance with an inline FCU.

look up the dimensions of your appliance and measure the gap, it will become clearer.

remember that an integrated machine cannot be quickly slid out if you need to attend to the plumbing.

As above, Regs or Mfr's requirements typically require an accessible elec. isolator - so does common sense.
The waste pipe is too low and any kit sink trap would be turned into a non regulation S-trap. You must have a P-trap.
Maybe you should re-think the base units and apps positions.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back