Reducing effective size of plug / socket behind dishwasher

This was my eventual solution, using elements from various helpful suggestions above. It needs the plasterboard tidying up but other than that, I think it's a reasonable job. I used 2.5mm² T&E to go to a new box (fixed to the wall behind the plasterboard) on the right wall, running the cable horizontally behind the plasterboard. I joined it to the existing feed using Ideal In-Sure connectors which I hadn't encountered before and seemed to be a great innovation, needing only two hands to connect three cables together rather than the traditional four ;)
The plug in its new location, accessed through a cut-out in the right-hand board is completely out of the way of the dishwasher so mission accomplished!

Thanks for so much valuable advice!

Photo 29-11-2020, 17 50 34.jpg Photo 29-11-2020, 17 50 46.jpg Photo 29-11-2020, 17 51 13.jpgPhoto 28-11-2020, 19 18 25.jpg

Sponsored Links
You did put a blank plate on the old box after taking the pictures right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back