Socket stopping dishwasher being pushed back, advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Removed old integrated dishwasher today (fitted with kitchen) and found that the backing had melted onto the plug, see pics attached. The old dishwasher never sat 100% flush and now I know why, the plug socket plus plug does not leave enough space for the dishwasher to be pushed back flush with the cabinets either side.

I guess the ideal is moving the socket but immediately to the left is the sink cupboard, immediately to the right are drawers.

Maybe I could fit an unswitched, fused spur which would save me the depth of the plug on the appliance? the plug socket is serviced by a fused, switched spur at counter level, see pics.

Any advice on the best way to solve this please?

Sponsored Links
Since you already have a fuse above the counter there is no need for another one under the counter. Just fit a flex outlet plate and wire the new dishwasher up to it.

Sponsored Links
I dont think its overheated, just been pushed against the soft bitumen sound deadening backing.

But yes, a fused or otherwise flex outlet sounds god to me.

Daniel

Thanks for the replies....the plug hadn't melted it was just pushed against the material on the back of the old appliance.

I have now fitted one of these which has the added advantage of the cable entry being through the bottom.

Well, that will do the job, but a simple flex outlet plate would have been better as you already have a fuse above the worktop.

Now you've got another, unnecessary one behind the appliance which means you have to heave the thing out if the fuse were to go.

The item linked to be PrenticeBoyofDerry above is what you should have used.

Surely if the fuse blows you will need to pull the appliance out anyway to, you know, fix it? Fuses don't just blow by themselves and dishwashers don't tend to have huge motors in them with high start-up currents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back