Positive Discrimination - Positive Action

Maybe my analogy should have been the PA brand of apples. "Warning. May contain nuts".

Some WILL have an allergic reaction. But if it's 'for the greater good' that's okay :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
BTW, just for Dex, just been shopping, 10 litres of Cabernet Sauvignon for 21 Euros (in a box).
Three boxes of La Vielle Eglise vin rouge, at 11 Euros a box (6 bottles to a box)
and 2 boxes (i Merlot and 1 Cabernet Sauvignon at 9 Euros a box of six bottles.

:mrgreen:

Sounds like the recipe for a bad 'Hangerover'. Also explains the drivel that you write.

Don't forget the old warning Coathanger - 'never drink on an empty head'. :LOL:

BTW, just for Dex, just been shopping, 10 litres of Cabernet Sauvignon for 21 Euros (in a box).
Three boxes of La Vielle Eglise vin rouge, at 11 Euros a box (6 bottles to a box)
and 2 boxes (i Merlot and 1 Cabernet Sauvignon at 9 Euros a box of six bottles.

:mrgreen:

Sounds like the recipe for a bad 'Hangerover'. Also explains the drivel that you write.

Don't forget the old warning Coathanger - 'never drink on an empty head'. :LOL:
Peculiarly enough, I've yet to find a post of yours that was a) on topic and b) contributed to anything positive to the thread.
It's all simply and singularly, insulting garbage.

Do you serve any other purpose other than to ty to distract from the topic of discussion?

As for your play on words, I think it's a sloppy example.
Maybe explained by your familiarity of the "white spirit".

After a few seconds thought about responding with an insult, I came up with:
I realise now why you chose your nom de plume.
I suspected it might represent your attitude to life or your vocation, or your preferred liquer.
Now I realise it's an acronym of your characteristics:
Weeping, Homicidal, Incoherent, Treachorous, Egocentric, Shifty, Petulant, Introverted, Repulsive, Imbecilic Troll!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Some WILL have an allergic reaction. But if it's 'for the greater good' that's okay :rolleyes:
In you profession, BT, you must encounter the "must do's" or "must take" and the rather milder "should do's" and "should take".
All of these advisories are inherently in the interest of the patient.

What then, if your "patient" is society? You are, by accident or design, in a position of taking decisions, or giving advice for the greater good of society.
Maybe you realise that, for example, reducing the intake of alcohol, is in the long term interest of the "patient", beneficial.
The patient may not like the advice, may react against it, may even think that they know better. But, in the view of the profession, it's the best advice available.
To disregard that advice is often foolhardy and/or selfish.

Sponsored Links
It's late and this is becoming a circular argument. (A sure-fire way to lose my interest). This is the bigger picture; for me:

In 100 or 1,000 years time, who's going to care and what does it matter? Let's get crazy and think 10,000 'short' years away.

We, humans, only think in terms of RELATIVELY short time! We build monuments to great people and believe in Gods' to bolster our self importance and feeling of immortality.

But monuments crumble, just as FAR more successful inhabitants of our world have... So let's put it into perspective....

Our sense of petty and pathetic human differences will become ever more diluted as time goes by, as indeed they have for a very long time.

Even the most racist person or family will not have any control or influence in generations to come; their 'blood Line'. (Whether they like that unpalatable truth or not).

So in 10,000 years time, whatever is discovered about us by whatever or whoever will be something like this....

Just enjoy the moment we are privileged to have.

I have a link to something I read a while ago about regrets of people dying; the terminally ill. But that's a big Off Topic.

And please. Don't make judgments or assumptions about me when A) you don't know me or B) You don't work in my profession!

"Our sense of petty and pathetic human differences will become ever more diluted as time goes by, as indeed they have for a very long time"

Speak for your self. I've never seen it.
Your world seems to be in the land of the eloi where you don't seem to realise the morlocks will eventually comd for you.

As time goes by and world resources dwindle then man will resort to what he does best!

When our petty differences dilute and dwindle, we will find more to take their place, strong as ever and just as destructive. It's an unfortunate part of being human. Whether it's tribes warring, or christians killing heretics, or muslims vs infidels or catholics vs prodestants, animal rights, anti nuclear, politics........all the way down to youths all over the country who in the absence of any other 'cause' align themselves into warring factions called gangs. Conflict and tribalism is part of our psyche and I can't imagine a time the human race will be without it.

Excellent statement fom Barrack Obama
"When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance you don't really have to do anything, you just let them talk," Mr Obama said.
He was referring to racist comments.

Yes, good quote that RH.

"Our sense of petty and pathetic human differences will become ever more diluted as time goes by, as indeed they have for a very long time"

Speak for your self. I've never seen it. As time goes by and world resources dwindle then man will resort to what he does best!
That's my point, you're thinking in time scales YOU can relate to. Go beyond that, or go back.

Just 100 years ago we were like troglodytes compared to today! (Some are still alive and posting on forums). And yes, I agree, man will do what he does best. I'm surprised you think that bodes well for Mankind and that we will survive.

But if we do, don't expect your great grandchildren to be pure Aryan race - or your neighbourhood...

So Donald sterling doesn't want his bird hanging out with the ****as.
Whats wrong with that?

Seems to me like the ignorant one is Obama!

"When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance you don't really have to do anything, you just let them talk," Mr Obama said.

Applies in quite an obvious way of those who rant about a certain colour, but also equally to those who advocate discrimination and are left convincing themselves it's not discrimination, even after a lengthy discourse where everyone else can see it.

Applies in quite an obvious way of those who rant about a certain colour,
Not "a certain colour", I'm sure you really meant "any other ethnicity but their own"

but also equally to those who advocate discrimination and are left convincing themselves it's not discrimination, even after a lengthy discourse where everyone else can see it.
Is there something wrong with you?
I don't mind iterative discussions, I can even recognise and tolerate circuitous discussions.
But continuous repetitive arguments that have been dealt with over , and over again, is beyond belief.

For the final time:
I did support Positive Discimination until I realised that EHRC had declared it illegal and re-termed it as Positive Action.

I suppose they declared all discrimination illegal so that those who cannot tell the difference between positive and negative, will not be confused. You certainly seem to fall into that category.

I publicly acknowledged the differences in the terminology and the mistake that I had made, (Page 13). I altered the thread titlle to reflect that and explained in my post.

I now support Positive Action and I do not support Positive Discimination because any form of discrimination is illegal.
I have never supported negative discrimination, racism, or prejudice. I have always stated publicly and privately that I abhorr such practices or beliefs.

Get it yet?

And when you do, please have the courage to publicly acknowledge your mistakes. But I won't hold my breath. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"I did support Positive Discimination"

Good to see you admitting to being a racist. I guess you learnt that from the froggies.
And then you have the gall to try and lecture everyone on here.

What do you do for a living friendo?

For the final time:
I did support Positive Discimination until I realised that EHRC had declared it illegal and re-termed it as Positive Action.

Re-termed but still actually discriminates in favour of ethic minorities for the greater good. That's the point being made to you, over and over again.

Interesting also that you only dropped your support of discrimination when you found out the EHRC dropped it, otherwise you'd still be saying it was fine. That is, it's fine for you when it's whites that are the ones being discriminated against. Maybe a clearer summary of your opinion is that you support the reduction of white peoples' power in this country, whether that is achieved by discrimination against them or by other means, and not simply that you are against discrimination towards anyone, as you have claimed but we have proved to be untrue now.

The zealous nature of your arguments against ethnic discrimination has only made your approval of white discrimination stand out even more to show what you are - a hypocrite.

Since you like quotes, there is one I read that unfortunately I can't find the source for but it goes something like this "You can tell the measure of a man's intellect by observing how diverse his opinion is on the same subject, when the question is framed in a different way"

Sponsored Links
Back