Positive Discrimination - Positive Action

Sponsored Links
Well, what do you know?

Just idling with a beer, cooking tea (chilli con carne :) ), and broosing, when I had an epiphany.

PA = segregation.

I live in a predominantly "white" area. For whatever reason (history, too far away from early settlement areas, relative lack of amenities, transport links, etc), the racial / ethnic mix is very heavily-weighted towards "whites".
It then follows that if the LA supports PA, no-one other than "whites" will get a look-in, reducing the likelihood of someone moving into the area, bringing their family, introducing their friends,.......integrating.

Just a different slant on things.

Mitch, jockscott, and groovynobody, my post was particularly for the notice of BT because BT had mentioned that he worked for NHS, and thus implied that he was stating the policy and views of the NHS.

Which he clearly wasn't but failed to explicitly address that.

Where's this unwritten law that says you have to have exactly the same views as your employer?? FFS, I'm beginning to wonder if you work for the Race Relations Board now.

Well, what do you know?

Just idling with a beer, cooking tea (chilli con carne :) ), and broosing, when I had an epiphany.

PA = segregation.

I live in a predominantly "white" area. For whatever reason (history, too far away from early settlement areas, relative lack of amenities, transport links, etc), the racial / ethnic mix is very heavily-weighted towards "whites".
It then follows that if the LA supports PA, no-one other than "whites" will get a look-in, reducing the likelihood of someone moving into the area, bringing their family, introducing their friends,.......integrating.

Just a different slant on things.
You seem to have a confused idea of what segregation means:
Racial segregation, separation of humans into racial groups in daily life.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segregation[/QUOTE]
How can you possibly equate PA with segregation.
PA is not just about race. How many more times? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The figures for Stoke, just one town in Staffodshire, but then you didn't mention whether you were referring to County level or town/city level of LA:
• Ethnicity 88.7% White
7.4% Asian
1.4% Black
1.8% Mixed Race
0.7% Other[5]
• Religion 60.9% Christian
6.0% Muslim
1.5% Other
31.6% None/Not stated[6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoke-on-Trent[/QUOTE]
I could suggest that you be more specific, but you were just being silly, really. Weren't you?

I suggest you keep to your broosing. Or even perhaps it was a more serious spelling mistake and you really meant boosing. ;)

Sponsored Links
Mitch, jockscott, and groovynobody, my post was particularly for the notice of BT because BT had mentioned that he worked for NHS, and thus implied that he was stating the policy and views of the NHS.

Which he clearly wasn't but failed to explicitly address that.

Where's this unwritten law that says you have to have exactly the same views as your employer?? FFS, I'm beginning to wonder if you work for the Race Relations Board now.

I'm constantly amazed how some posters get though daily life with so many continual misunderstandings.

If I say I work for, say Le Bon Coin, and I give my view on a social media site, it's reasonable to assume that I may be expressing the official view of my employer.
So, to avoid any confusion, I make it clear that my views are my own, and not that of my employer.

If I don't say where or for who I work, there can be no implication.

So, sensible people, if they think that their views will diverge from those of their employer, take pains to either not mention who their emplyer is, or explicitly state that their views are their own.

And just to clarify, I do not work for Le Bon Coin and my views are my own.

You seem to think that people on here imply a hell of a lot RH. (PS, I don't really think DIYNot GD forum is up there with other "Social Media " sites.. For starters it's not really that sociable a place. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: (at least not since you joined)

You seem to think that people on here imply a hell of a lot RH. (PS, I don't really think DIYNot GD forum is up there with other "Social Media " sites.. For starters it's not really that sociable a place. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: (at least not since you joined)
What you really mean is you preferred it when you could make prejudicial asumptions, and bigotted comments without question.

As a more general point on 'isms and discrimination.

You are not going to get all or, dare I say, most people to be non-racist or non-discriminatory in the work place, personal life or on the Social networks. It's nieve to think you will or that you can somehow recruit only those who fit ALL or the latest pc bill.

But as the scandals have shown in hospital abuse and more recently of the elderly, whether you hold an undesirable trait or not, above all and everything else you should always be Professional! (By definition).

If you honestly feel that strongly and passionately about something, anything, and you can't do what the job requests, in the JD and contract, don't accept the job or just hand in your resignation when you realise your mistake and can't be PROFESSIONAL.

So, for me, I am more disgusted at someone's unprofessionalism, when I have seen it.

So, for me, I am more disgusted at someone's unprofessionalism, when I have seen it.

BT, Rogue is a professional troll,,,, and for that reason, none of us can be disgusted with him,,, Can we?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

btw, don't mention abuse in the same sentence as hospitals or care homes. Most abuse of the elderly happens in their own homes by close family or friends,,,, BUT,, that's for another 49 page epic thread I reckon. ;)

Rogue is a professional troll,,,, and for that reason, none of us can be disgusted with him,,, Can we?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .........../

/.............. that's for another 49 page epic thread I reckon. ;)

I'm only responding to see if we make it to 50 pages. :rolleyes:
Come on, joe, you must know what the longest thread has been. And the longest post.

By professional, I assume that you think I'm paid to troll. :rolleyes:
Or, maybe I'm qualified. :rolleyes:

But as the definition for trolling is:
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)[/QUOTE]

So as your comments were intended to sow discord, start arguments, upset people, was inflammatory and off-topic, etc, you've fitted the description exactly.
Now will you come quietly, or are you intent on making a fuss, sir. :LOL: :LOL:

I would hazard a guess that at least half of posts are off topic wrt to the OP!

I don't doubt your assumption, micilin.
Does that make at least half of us trolls?
Or are there a few perpetual trolls responsible for the majority of the off-topic posts?

I see another thread on the horizon, at this rate.

Keep it up coathanger, you only have another 400ish pages to go then you've broken a record for the longest thread. (it's the word association thread and full of as much useful debate as this one)

Keep it up coathanger, you only have another 400ish pages to go then you've broken a record for the longest thread. (it's the word association thread and full of as much useful debate as this one)
That hardly counts as a longest thread, but thanks for the information.

You've done your fair share of contribution on here as well.

In fact does your most recent post fall into the troll category? I think it nearly does.

Well, this doesn't cover much more useful ground as it's littered with your prevaricating nonsense and goes round in circles like a little dog chasing its tail.

Sponsored Links
Back