poss boiler prob

i went round last nite to explain to her and turned hot tap on and brown water came out for a few secs....could not have timed it better....but did she accept what i showed her.....no.
Now that seems strange to me unless this tap has never been used since you were there last. I would be investigating it further.
Has there been any other work done there lately? Has there been an underground burst service pipe, water main or have the water board been working nearby? Sometimes fire brigade test the hydrants and this stirs up a load of dirt.
I can think of only a couple of ways that a boiler can create its own crap and send it into the hot water supply

1 If the mains pressure is at only say 2 bar then expanding system water could force its way through a faulty plate heat exchanger. A rare fault and even rarer on a ravenheat.

2 The hot water has been connected to the heating system. [Yes this does happen and I can show you a place now where some nugget has connected into the heating system for hot water!]

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb is right.
customer wanted concealed fitting even after i reminded her about servicing.
A chrome plate covers the main shower valve (cos it looks nice)and will not allow a good access hole or it would be visible. it has about 15mm gap round valve body.
i have no choice but to remove tiles and p/board etc.

they make these valves without the plumber or servicing in mind i do thinks me lord!!!!

And yes when i went round to her home to drop a letter off i did see the water board working 2 doors down from her home.....ummm i wonder.

anyhows im gonna do it and do as kevplumb suggested.
boiler fault she pays.
my fault i waver.

once again thks for all guys :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back