Possible Leaking Toilet Pan ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a toilet pan than has been in position around eighteen months, in the last week I have been getting water pools on the floor near the pan base.
I at first thought it was probably a leak from the cistern feed or from the soil outlet but I cannot find any sign of problems at the joints etc.
Now I am wondering if it comes from the under side of the pan perhaps from the flush water as the pools on the floor are always clear and not dirty.
Does this sort of thing happen much ?

Sponsored Links
Very rare to have a pan leak from the pan itself. Check flush pipe connector, soil pipe union, cistern feed and overflow.
Then check for limescale deposit around the rim that might deflect the flush water over the rim. To check if the pan itself is leaking, carefully pour a bucket of water into the pan and see if the water appears on the floor.

Dry tissue paper is your friend and the fact that water runs downhill. Place tissue where you can in areas of joints and monitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back