Possible loft conversion in future, is it possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I was looking at buying a house in this street, and noticed on Google Maps, you can actually see the side of the house before they bricked right up to the roof, it gives a very good view of the wooden rafters.

The roofs on this street seem to have a nice high pitch compared to others in nearby developments.

Does anyone know if these would be easy enough to add a loft conversion to in the future? The gardens are not all that big so was thinking, if I did buy one and stayed in it, I would have to look at going up rather than extending sideways.

Screen_Shot_2018-04-14_at_19.08.16.png

Sponsored Links
More expensive than a roof with a cut roof but still possible. Though with such a new development it's highly likely that planning permission would be required.

More expensive than a roof with a cut roof but still possible. Though with such a new development it's highly likely that planning permission would be required.
Thanks for your reply. Like you, I expect there will be planning requirements. Just wanted to get an idea on if it was possible or not for future :)

There's a thread in the projects section of the forum showing a similar conversion, prolly about a year ago or something now.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back