Possible oil leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi people I was wondering if you could help me with this one..

Iv had this car a couple of weeks now iv got 3 months warranty on it so iv been having a good look around to spot possible problems in

The picture iv taken is of a sensor on the lower part of the engine and is covered in oil does anyone know what that sensor is?

The car has a slight judder when idleing not major but its noticable

Sponsored Links
If thats the gearbox bell housing I see to the right, I'd say the offending item was the reverse light switch.......if you disconnect it and check, that will confirm.
For the idle issue, I'd go for an injector check......and do check the injectors for oil leaks in the wells they sit in - this engine is notorious for this.
John :)

Where is the injectors on this engine sorry to seem dumb but I normally buy a haynes manual but not got one yet...

Under the plastic cover on the top of the engine, mate......and I wouldn't waste your brass on Haynes publications!

Sponsored Links
Im guessing this is not good one of them is caked in oil

Sorry about the photi but its the best I can do

No worries Berty, its just something to be aware of.
Bad examples actually flood diesel down the back of the engine, and you don't want that!
Anyway, its worth a good clean up round there just to see whats what. These injectors are actually clamped in rather than screwed, and its a copper washer on the injector base that needs replacing.
Yours don't look too bad....whats the mileage and age of the car?

Funny enough the dealer said he had the injector seals replaced before I brought it... its an 2008 with 90k on clock with full service history

Im gonna dig up my warrantywise documents and see if im covered for it I hope quentin wilson can help me out :)

Thanks for ur help buddy

No worries mate but if the seals have just been done, it should all be pretty clean around there, don't you think?
A wee tip? I guess this is the current shape car......keep an eye on the bonnet pull catch - its made from plasticene and I've fitted quite a few!
A new timing belt will be due soon, I guess.

I think the timing belt has been done it looks pretty shiny and new but I have no receipts to say it has the car itself is in really good condition and drives great you really can get a lot out of these engines...

Just heard back of the garage they said nothin is wrong with it the black stuff on the injectors is just carbon build up and they washed it off... mmmm im not convinced

Well, the only thing is to keep an eye on it, I feel......any oil or diesel leaks will show up quite quickly, and if its diesel it will smell too.
You wouldn't think that diesel could be blown back through an injector seal but believe me, it can!

Ok ill see how it goes over the next few weeks if that injector looks dirty again im gonna look further into it...

Thanks for your reply

Sponsored Links
Back