possible programer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seem to have lost control of the water side of the programmer/timer
The system is working but only on the (CH) side I have carried out some checks and it would be helpful if somebody would comment on them or advise further test I could carry out

checked the 3 port M valve and it travels when current is applied

checked copper cylinder stat and voltage is present , circuit broken when the micro is pressed (not sure if this is working the right way round )

if the room stat is backed right off (so there is no call) with the programmer status ready for call, then the M valve remains is CH position, it does not return,

if the room stat is backed of ( so there is no call) and the programmer status is off then the M valve remains in CH position

If i kill the power to the programmer then the M valve Returns to its HW default postion

Seeing that I do not here the relay in the timer click for the HW side but can here on CH side I am thinking it is the Programmer but would like to try and confirm this before I purchase a new one

the model of the programmer is drayton lp722 (looks identical) not sure if drayton bought out lifstyle as my programer is badged lifstyle

Sponsored Links

that will be ch calling only not hw.

if the room stat is backed right off (so there is no call) with the programmer status ready for call, then the M valve remains is CH position, it does not return,
it won't as it's held in last position by 230v on the grey.

if the room stat is backed of ( so there is no call) and the programmer status is off then the M valve remains in CH position

as above

If i kill the power to the programmer then the M valve Returns to its HW default postion

thats correct

you say you have checked the cylinder stat and voltage is present.

is that with the hw on and the red neon lit ?
the cylinder stat will have 3 wires.
1 from hw call on programmer.
2 hw satisfied tgo's to the grey of the valve.
3 hw call from stat to the same terminal as the orange from the valve.

the 3 port takes no part in the hw call.

the red neon you refer to I assume to be the red light on the timer/programmer to which is not working on the HW side, CH light switches on and off the HW light not working , as I said before you cannot here the relay in the timer click when the you use the timer /programmer manually for HW but you can hear a relay when using the CH in the same way

the red neon you refer to I assume to be the red light on the timer/programmer to which is not working on the HW side,
ok

so the live you say you had on the cyl stat must be from the hw off.

Sponsored Links

it won't as it's held in last position by 230v on the grey.
unless there is a call for hotwater in which case there wont be 230v on the grey to hold the valve there

the 3 port takes no part in the hw call.

agreed, and since the neon on the programmer isn't working anymore i also agree that it's more than likely the programmer stuck in HW off mode thats the problem rather than a problem with the wiring/ or cyl stat

Matt

have now stripped down the timer /programmer no contact corrosion or oxidation all contacts nice and clean, open relay covers cant see any thing adrift there once again contacts clean, un soldered the lithium batt to see if the chip clock would reset ,( but did not) no DJs the only thing left is the chip its self have found a "buy it now" on ebay new and boxed awaiting delivery i think this end the sermon thanks to all those who have commented

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back