Possible to wire this RF light switch to this shelly device?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was looking into some smart switches and came across the shelly devices.

I have an RF switch which is in the loft that controls the soffit down lights at the front of the house.

I was wondering if it's possible to wire a shelly plus 1PM up with this?

The wiring of the RF switch is like this (the left red and blue are the feed going in, the right blue and brown are the feed going to the lights):

1674057168575.png

The shelly device looks like this:
1674057273717.png
1674057393651.png

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sorry, out of curiosity, why do you need an RF switch, to turn on an RF switch? :)

Sorry, out of curiosity, why do you need an RF switch, to turn on an RF switch? :)

Had a guy in to install the lights just before xmas, and by default he is using these wireless thinkbee rf switches. I am running home assistant, so would also like to control these lights via that too, hence the shelly device :). The shelly does wifi/bt as well.

To be honest, I put much more faith in the Shelly units than the thinkbee. I would be tempted to just replace what you have.
Your wiring diagram above shows how to wire the shelly with an existing light switch.
Alternatively, you can use a remote (Shelly button) and connect up, something like this:

1674059171217.png

Sponsored Links
To be honest, I put much more faith in the Shelly units than the thinkbee. I would be tempted to just replace what you have.
Your wiring diagram above shows how to wire the shelly with an existing light switch.
Alternatively, you can use a remote (Shelly button) and connect up, something like this:

View attachment 292904

Haha, I took your advice, just removed the rf switch completely and used shelly. All working :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back