Adding a Shelly to bathroom light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'd like to be able to control my bathroom light via wifi (for automating some things for when we're away) as well as it working as normal via the current pull switch.

The same pull cord does control a fan too - although I have that switched off at the isolator switch because we don't need it running.

From what I can tell, that's exactly what a Shelly relay will do. Pic of the wiring is attached. It looks like I'd need a Shelly 1L (no neutral) - is that correct? I don't need power monitoring.

I'm a reasonably competent DIY-er - is this something I could do myself? Please can someone give me a simple guide to how it should be wired?

Attachments

• bathroom-light.jpg
    bathroom-light.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 147
Sponsored Links
You need fan to work to avoid condensation and mould . Why would you want bathroom light on when not there?

You need fan to work to avoid condensation and mould . Why would you want bathroom light on when not there?

We have a separate shower room - where we do use the fan.
The bathroom doesn't get steamy - when occasionally we use the bath we open the window.

We like to leave some lights on when we are away - as a deterrent. It would be good to use the bathroom light for this, triggered by sunset/sunrise etc

Sponsored Links
We have a separate shower room - where we do use the fan.
The bathroom doesn't get steamy - when occasionally we use the bath we open the window.

We like to leave some lights on when we are away - as a deterrent. It would be good to use the bathroom light for this, triggered by sunset/sunrise etc
Bathroom light would indicate no one’s home as they usually only get used for short periods, easy to just use a WiFi socket on a lamp somewhere .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back