Post deleted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have the "mods" deleted a post put on here earlier on?

Sponsored Links
What one was that Roy, the post about plastering courses, and plastering being easy to do? :rolleyes:

Roughcaster.

Yes that was it RC did you see it?

Yes, i did see it Roy,, i looked for it earlier to see if anything had been added to yours and RichC's comments. I know there was an advert in the post, which Rich commented on, but i don't know why a lot of the comment was deleted, unless it got nasty during the afternoon. I think it was only part of the post that was deleted. Strraaange :confused: :confused:

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
No nastiness, not that I saw anyway; it was all very amicablebut but perhaps he got ****ed cos I sussed him & I didn't see all he said about me :eek: but the "Mods" finally spotted it :LOL: He is obviously the owner/director/or whatever, advertising his DIY courses of which plastering is just one. I sussed it straight away (is that sad or what :confused: ) but he didn’t even register with a different name to his website home page, just gave himself away. I didn’t “report” cos I wanted to give more of you guys the opportunity to chip in after you'd finished your day of toil (I'm not doing anything till next week :rolleyes:); it could have been amusing :LOL: Personally I’ve no problem with 4 day "wonder courses" as a start, I didn’t do one but it may have benefitted me initially if I had. Neither do I have a problem with him trying to flog them, hey it’s business :LOL:.

What I objected to was he was making it sound so misleadingly easy & we all know it isn’t! This will lead to disappointment for many of his students & they ultimately will have wasted their "hard earned" but you can’t blame him for trying I suppose, he must be feeling it the same as everyone else.

Ah,, so that was it. I did see some of the stuff he was writing, and even alerted the mods to his advert, which you also commented on Rich. He was probably trying to drum up business. :LOL: We come on here day after day, year on year, just to try and help someone/anybody out,, then on comes someone like that guy, web link and all, and gives a few comments, and says how easy skimming is, (so he says, as a diyer) :LOL:
We know that,, but to someone who's learning,, it's not that easy without plenty of practice. :rolleyes:
Do you all remember the You Tube video posted on here a few weeks ago, of the DIY plastering expert who didn't know his hawk from a float,, :LOL: and then he showed people how "easy" it was to put a plaster skim coat onto a wall??? :LOL: :LOL:,, nuff said.

Roughcaster.

Cheers for finding that again TM, i'm like you, i love watching that clip. He makes plastering look soooo easy to do. :LOL: :LOL:

Roughcaster.

But it is so easy RC all you have to do is put your plaster on the float then get your trowel and take it off your float and put it on the wall :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back