Postcrete and Plastic Waste Pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife bought a 3M parasol and the base we have is just not up to the job. I've been thinking about placing the existing base into a larger old recycling box, placing a 40mm tube into the opening and then filling the recycling box with concrete. This, I think will give greater stability but, as a complete novice I have no idea how the postcrete will react with the pipe.

I am looking at using Bluecircle Postcrete and FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Pipe White 40mm.

Is there anything I should be aware of, would this potentially work please. Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Can't see any problem with post fix on a bit of plastic waste pipe.(y)

sounds ok to me, other than the fact itll weigh about 100kg, so I hope you arent intending moving it.

Sponsored Links
Really, that much. I may have to rethink. I was imagining 40kg

It will weigh the weight of the bag of Postcrete plus the weight of the water you use to set it.
I would suggest putting a couple of drainage holes in the box, sit it on a few close battens to prevent distortion and poke a few canes into the drain holes to prevent the concrete flowing through. The canes can then be pulled out shortly before the 'crete has set and is still slightly pliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back