Postcrete question

Thermo said:
Who says you only put one bag in the hole????

Guess what - that doubles the price.

Do it your way Mr Handyman. Do you 'plaster' with Polyfilla too?

Sponsored Links
doubles the price of whatever material you use doesnt it! besides which the aim is to keep the hole as small as possible to avoid dsiturbing the surrounding earth.

give up joe your making yourself look exactly what you are, an unknowing idiot. :rolleyes:

i dont do plastering

Sorry to have to chip in here on the side of Postecrete. I've worked in the sign industry for years erecting post and panel signs with steel or Alu legs. Postcrete is simply as important a development to me as the internal combustion engine. I simply could not do with out it. a team of two can set 3x the number of signs in one day, without the hassle and mess. we charge £400.00 per day for a two man team so as the man says you do the maths. wether its 1 bag or you fill the hole is still a fraction of the price.
You simply have to embrace change. I bet Jo still has a Black and white telly and listens to vinyl records too.

I wonder whether the original problem is the water draining away too quickly? You shouldn't need to mix it.
My soil is mostly clay so the water stayed there in time for most of the holes.
However, one just seemed to drain instantly so we put a flat plastic bag in the bottom. This kept the water in in time for us to pour the bag in.

We generally could just use 1 bag where we'd dug the hole well, but used 1.5 bags for the bigger holes.
For us DIY-ers Postcrete makes the job one we can do ourselves.

Sponsored Links
I have just done ten posts using postcrete - Awesome stuff - posts are solid, not sure the make, but it's from B&Q and is yellow bag with blue writing, offer on if you buy 10 bags + i get a 20% discount :)

It really made the job quicker, as once one corner went off, ten minute later i could attach my half rounds on to it and get the next post in, rather than waiting until the next day + the no mess no fuss :)

will be getting another 10 for the next lot of posts :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back