postedit colour temp adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Took some pictures indoors and the incandescent lighting was stronger than I thought.
Camera was set for flash so the pics are too red.
I seem to remember photo shop had a quick fix option for this where the colour temperture was corrected to more or less neutral with a few simple clicks but can not recall how.
Tried with Contents, Index and Search but nothing came up so far.
Manual and O’Reilly book are still in one of the many boxes as I just moved, anyone have a shortcut how to do this?
Does not have to be perfect, just good enough for a decent preview to select which ones should be edited to perfection.

Sponsored Links
Be very careful with this program mate. It let you choose what to scan the first time, without giving you the option NOT to scan. Found that a bit suspect.
I got even more suspicious when it immediately started to scan my entire computer and also straight away tried to connect to the web.
I have a sneaky suspicion this nice “free” software is in fact a data miner.
Did not show any colour editing option either by the way.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, hostfile is pretty cool. Unfortunately, my computer locks the hostfile and the only way to change it is on commandline level. Too hard work for my liking to update every week. Keep forgetting to contact dell to ask them how to unlock it.
Have tried various helps, including “who lock me” and some rather switched on, die hard, 8-inch forehead geeks who so far managed to solve every other problem I have ever had, but it stays locked.
So far computers have stayed clean thanks to double firewall, hardware and software one of which is zonealarm, avg, and winpatrol on constant on and ad-aware and bazooka which I run manually from time to time.
Wimpatrol is real gem; it interrupts installation of a any program and waits for prompt. Stops sneaky, hidden background programs dead.
As for your program, I don’t trust software that starts doing things I don’t ask for, especially when it involves scanning my computer and connection to the net.
I have the same attitude towards them as I have to gas and electric; turn off at any suspicion until proven safe.

My Dell hasn't locked the Hosts file.

Firewalls will likely be able to do so. ZAP <Firewall> <Main> <Advanced> <general settings>

The likes of Spybot S&D can do so. <tools> <IE tweaks>

Ad-Aware 2007 will write-protect certain system files after repairing them, such as the Hosts File... If the box is ticked under <settings> <miscellaneous> <UI> - Is the file locked without having been repaired?? dunno.

I guess most of the above type stuff will have a locking option buried somewhere in their settings.
===============================
I have looked at a few 'photo album' type progs - usually freebies with a printer... Most had the ability to search HDD for pictures... Settings, settings, settings !!
I could see a use for such progs.

Google stuff, so no intentional malware I'd guess.
...Picasa helps you find and organise all your pictures.
you start Picasa, it scans your hard drive to find and automatically organise all your pictures...

See 'Collections' here :-
http://picasa.google.co.uk/help/userguide_organize.html

To make sure you are running the latest version of the software, follow the manual update instructions below. If your software is out of date, you will occasionally receive automatic alerts when you open Picasa that updates are available.
Hence the web connection I guess.
Auto update help :-
http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=52532&topic=1144
-o-

The one thing that got me suspicious is that it scanned with the method I chose upon installation which I limited to certain folders, and as soon as the computer was started the next time, it started scanning everything in sight. And no notice or message or question about this being okay or not. It was only for my safety software that I noticed something was going on.

As for the hostfile, it is locked like fort knox. I have tried shutting off everything but the core-essential windows elements via taskmanager, changing the attributes to everything off and a special program for this sort of thing that shows you if a program is using the file and making it inaccessible that way.
Nada, zip, naught, nothing.

I did give it a good try as bypassing all the advertising and such can drastically speed up surfing/browsing, and I am one of those people who believes patience is a waste of time and not a virtue.

Mine is a dell inspiron 9400 by the way, I think this model has been on the market for about 8 months.

True colour temperature adjustment can only be performed on RAW files. Photoshop CS3 has the ability to do this. If you're editing a JPG or TIFF, then use a curves adjustment layer.

Sponsored Links
Back