Potential maintenance issues with new pitched roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently having a new pitched roof extension built on the back of my house. This replaces my existing conservatory with a new room, with the new pitched roof also covering my existing kitchen extension flat roof.

It now looks like a proper extension and I'm pleased with it. However, the kitchen extension has always been close to my neighbours extension. The flat roof guaranteed easy maintenance to the side of their extension. But with my new pitched roof and shiplap to the side, I worry it's now difficult to access and maintain the sides our extensions: my neighbours slates and gutter and my new shiplap.

Attachments

• 20231114_122422.jpg
    20231114_122422.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20231114_122435.jpg
    20231114_122435.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
The winner of the "Closest Velux To A Wall" award goes to ......... your neighbour, that's impressively close !!
The materials used, i.e verge trims, lead flashings, upvc shiplap & gutters etc are all minimal maintenance products and are still fairly accessible in terms of refixing or renewing so i wouldn't be too concerned. The thing that does look like an issue is the lack of lead flashing to your roof tiles under the window and along the wall, is it still to be done as it looks like rain would get in easily ?

Thanks for the reassurance Daz - you've made my day! The builders didn't seem worried about it, but I wanted another option.
The photos are about a week old - the lead flashing to the roof tiles is now in place.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back