Potential weakened T joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new kitchen was installed some time ago by a well known firm. My dishwasher is connected to an unsupported 15" spur which comes from a cold water pipe via a soldered T junction. It's quite difficult and a stretch to get to and I could only use one hand when screwing in the cold water feed pipe of a new dishwasher. I couldn't help wiggling the spur. Will this wiggling about a bit weaken the T joint? And if so would it be slight leak or a clean break? Bear with me I'm a natural worrier.

Sponsored Links
It's highly unlikely that would happen. A correctly soldered joint couldn't be just pulled apart by hand if you were the strongest Man on the planet !

It's more irritating (for you) that the valve is so carefully buried- they are cheap and tend not to last all that long.....it's not ideal for the T to be supporting the weight of the tube and the dishwasher hose, if you can get anything in there to support it (pipe clip lovely, bit of string or a length of stick would do) it'll be one less thing to go wrong.

Sponsored Links
Thanks teryplumb that is very reassuring. Thanks also to oldbutnotdead too. I have just noticed that the spur runs past the hot pipe so that one almost touches the other. I have therefore cross zipped tied and is now very firm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back