Poterton Performa 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone on this site.
I have got a Poterton performa 24 which does not work on central heating mode. What happened is i emptied one of the radiators a week ago, the one in the bathroom in particular in order for me to fill it up with Hyperflush and to flush the whole central heating system. I let the air out from all rads and the pressure dropped well below 1 bar mark, around 0.6-0.7 bar, which is normal, but then i could not fill it back up to 1.2 bar where it should be. I chased all the pipework and valves but not one seems to be filling it, i notised a slight noise when turning on and off the valve on the feeding pipe but the pressure stays the same. The boiler is burning and after 20 seconds switches off. I only have hot water -no problem but c/h since last week...no...no. Is it the boiler switching off because of a low pressure or... I cant get my head round this. If someone can advise me ... I'll be gratefull. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you found the filling loop? Probably under the boiler, it more than likely has a valve at both ends and so they both need to be opened to fill th esystem. Try that first

It has got 3 valves, I am excluding the gas, 2 come down from the pump and 1 for the feeding pipe which i believe should be the filling loop. Do any of these have to connect through flexyhoses and open in order to start filling. Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back