Heating problem, Poterton 28i boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just wonder if here is anyone who can help, please!!!
My heating system with Poterton Performa 28i boiler is dramatically loosing pressure. Have to top it up every 3 hours...

A local plumber suspected that the relieve valve is not good - i have changed that .. the problem is still there..
Now he suggest that is best to buy a new boiler.... hoped that this was his xmass joke but, no, he is serious......

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem?
ps there are no visible leaks form the pipes...
the boiler is just 2 years old

Thank you to everyone!

Sponsored Links
have u tried turning off the heating flow & return isolation valves on the outlet of the boiler to rule out a system leak. wont be able to run heating while doing so. I'd get a better engineer before a new boiler. Could do with gazthepottertonenginners opinon.

Sponsored Links
The prv works fine as far as i can see.
Now I am trying to figure out on what line is leakage. (if there is one)

will update you all on the results!
cheers and happy new year!!!

MichaelT said:
The prv works fine as far as i can see.

What does this mean? does it leak?
loosely connect a plastic bag under it to prove no leak

watch the pressure guage with c/h on full, what does it read start (approx 30*) and stop (eg at 80*)
If prv does drip
Drain (boiler only) and check exp vessel has 1bar charge then

refill boiler

try what bab said to eliminate boiler/system

It looks like the problem is over (fingers crossed)!
I have changed the prv and tightened a few joints under the floor some of them were quite loose and slightly wet...
Its been the second night - the pressure is 1 when cold and gets up to 2 when hot. Is this ok or too high?!?
Thank you to all, specially to BAXPOTI!

baxpoti said:
(approx 30*) and stop (eg at 80*)

Baxpoti... Just a snippet of info 4 u

Hold down the ALT key then type 0186. When you let go of the ALT key the º sign will appear

eg 30ºC - 80ºC ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back