Pottential issues with insulated plasterboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've been advised against cavity wall insulation but I am thinking when I get my kitceh and bathroom renovated that I might use the insulated plaster board on the walls (just the ones that are on external walls).

Could this cause any issues I've not heard or thought of? Or would it help insualte my house without the issues that can occur with cavity insualtation?

Thanks,

Dust

Sponsored Links
The most obvious issue is that the room shrinks.

Note that you can buy the insulation board and the plasterboard separately and doing so may be cheaper than buying combined insulated plasterboard. You have various options for how to fix it; for a kitchen you need something solid to attach units to, and there may be issues with routing pipes etc. Detailing around windows etc. also needs some care.

I expect to lose 3 inches or so from doing this on the external facing walls, I was more concerned with issues of condensation or damp or anything?

The amountof times I've thought of an idea when sorting out my house only to be told that actually by doing that than you'll find you'll get this issue.

So I'm asking experienced people out there if having just one wall in a room insualated is a good idea or a bad idea, or even worth the hassle?

Sponsored Links
It’s a good thing.

Is the existing wall in good condition, generally?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back