Potteron ep3001 problem - always on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help needed most urgently.

Am tiling the kitchen for my mom and whilst in process it thought it would be best to clean the central heating control unit and move the master on/off fused switch few inches down to a boxed area being built so it's out of site and makes tiling easier.

I've removed the control unit before so I know it just pops off, done that and cleaned it with a cloth.

Moved the switch, this did not require any unscrewing of wires as it was previously against the wall in a plastic cover, so I simply unscrewed the box and re-screwed it lower down.

Now when I reattach the control unit the heating and water is on on matter what is selected!

The only thing I noticed is on the left a manins cable was at, now I thought this was connected but it moved and I thought I snapped the wire on something.

http://www.pc-retail.com/upload/files/10.100_0266.jpg

Also the program button doesn't seem to work and acts like the ADV button

Help is very much appreciated asap

Sponsored Links
Typical!

Now I've posted things have changed!!

Now it's not always on but the program button still doesn't work.

Have I somehow wet the insides and it's crosswiring?!

Looking at the wiring it appears to be a standard S plan system.

The Potty EP series is, like their boilers, Prince of Darkness.

We do not like taking them off the wall or un-powering them, because this can often result in faults occuring.

I would suggest buying a new one, or better still, a Honeywell ST9400C which is light years easier to operate. Only Potterton EP series will fit on the backplate, all other replacements will require rewiring their backplate, which adds another 5mins to the job.

The Honeywell will fit over the flush wall box and has 68.3mm spaced holes for the original screws.

Sponsored Links
Try resetting it, hold the + and - buttons together for 5 seconds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back