Potteron Suprima Boilers - Any still running?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

Just wondering if anyone else is still keeping an original Potterton Suprima boiler (not the newer HE version) running?

I've just repaired mine for the second time by re-soldering the PCB, after doing exactly the same about 10 years ago to fix the very common "random lockouts" fault.

Mine has the second revision PCB (round reset button and separate red and green lights), as the original was replaced by the previous owners of my house before I moved in.

A lot of people claim that the final "version 3" revision of the PCB was marked by a change of manufacturer to Siemens, but this is not true, as my "version 2" board is made by Siemens.

Apart from the well-known PCB issues, these seem like very reliable boilers. Aside from routine servicing, the only other thing I've ever done in over 20 years of service is replace the flue fan when it became very noisy.

Sponsored Links
Ah, ok, haha. I was just wondering because the nice man who services the boiler every year always expresses his surprise that mine is still going!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back