Another Potterton lockout thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

Sorry for starting a new thread, but I wasn't sure how active the older threads might be.

Okay, Potterton Suprima 60.
I had loads of lockouts and finally went to fleabay and got a recon PCB part number 407750, and things have been fine for over a year.

Got a few more lockout, (one per dayish). So I've started researching and found that Potterton have made at least two revisions.

My question is, should I get the 5111603 control unit? Does this replace the need for the PCB 407750?

BTW a member of my family is CORGI registered and I will not be fitting it myself and he has suggested a complete boiler service afterwards.

Sponsored Links
Do the service as you change the PCB

and yes 5111603 is the new board

Recon Boards what a bargain

;)

Hi Corgiman

So, the old board is removed along with the control unit and both are replaced by the 5111603 unit?

what do you mean "control panel"?

The new board is a complete change of board AND wiring loom

;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the confusion.

Last time we replaced the board and it was connect to various parts including the panel with output dial

well this one you have to replace the wiring loom to everything as well

fun aint it

Will my CORGI brother in law need any special tools? I'm assuming that it will be more than just plugging connectors in this time?

I read somewhere that you have to strip connectors and open factory sealed plugs? Does that sound right?

I just don't want to call in the favour, only for him to come back again or the whole job becoming a pain the in whatsits.

no you dont

you just have to plug into spark electrode, over heat thermister, fan, gas valve, burner earth. Air flow switch.

oh yes and the Perm L Pump L SL earth and neutrals

:)

easy for any RGI worth his salt.

Sounds easy. Almost tempted to do it myself. But I guess its got to be CORGI as the controls are a safety feature.

Cheers and thanks for your help.

One of those jobs that takes somewhere between 10 minutes and 2 hours... :rolleyes: (2 hours when I could only reach the boiler with one hand)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back