Potterton 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton 24 combi, the system went down over the christmass period, no CH/HW. The pump runs but no ignition. I had a plumber come and have a look and he recomends that i descale the rads. Is this something to carry out myself or should i get a professional in do the work?

Sponsored Links
First get boiler engineer who knows his turkey from his pud. If the bloke you had thinks descaling rads will make a boiler fire, poke him in the mince pies.
Does the fan run? etc etc. Unlikely to be something OK for a non corgi to get into.

Thanks

I think the fan is running, well something is running. The guy mentioned that the build-up of scale in the rads was causing a pressure build up and that the water was not getting pumped around so the boiler would not ignite.

Sponsored Links
This will be an interal fault to the boiler. See if the fan is working. When the boiler was installed they shld have left you with the Manufacturers Instructions, the fault finding guide should assist you.

I woulds recomend a Corgi engineer because the inside of your boiler can be very dangerous

Off the top of my head, if the fan runs it could be the air pressure switch, if it doesnt and there is 240 vAC to the fan then the fan is knackered.

You will need a multi-meter and a good knowledge of the ignition sequence of your boler. If none of these apply to you then get a proffessional. I dont know where you are in the UK but we work out of Caterham in Surrey if i is any good to you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back