potterton 30he combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am having two separate issues with this not very good boiler. The first is it cuts out and won't fire even though temperature has not been reached on the thermostat. It does this after it has been running for a while and rads are hot. Could it be a thermo cut out as it gets too hot?

The second issue has just started. I couldn't get the hot water to work whilst the boiler wasn't calling for heat on radiators. As soon as I turned the thermostat up the boiler fired. I turned the hot water on and it worked!

any help that can be given on both issues would be greatly received. Both of these issues are intermittent.

Sponsored Links
I think that you need a good engineer!

Probably better to have British Gas cover on a boiler model like that too.

Tony

Anyone have a useful answer so that when I call a gas safe engineer I have an idea. Used to be a bathroom fitter for many years plumbed rewired pretty much built my house but I know I cannot touch gas which is why I am looking for help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back