Potterton Performa 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope someone can help!

I have a Potterton Performer and it has recently stoped producing hot water (produces luke warm). Central heating works fine and fires on and off with the thermostat. Turning the hot water tap on also makes the boiler fire but no hot water?

Seen lots of mention of the diaphragm but would a faulty one of those mean that when you turned the hot water tap on the boiler didn't fire?

thanks all

jon

Sponsored Links
Does the tap light come on the boiler when you open the hot tap

Does the D/v pin move out and make the miro/switch ???

Does the tap light come on the boiler when you open the hot tap
Thanks Lightning.

Tap light?

Central heating works fine on its own. On and Off with the thermostat.

With central heating off, the boiler lights when hot tap is turned on but only warm water comes out the tap - seemingly normal water pressure coming otut the tap.

Pressure etc checked.

Was also worried if it was firing when the hot water tap is turned on but the water isn't heating the boiler could overheat to add to my problems!

Sorry misread your post

Boiler fires up but only luke warm

Could be thermistor out of range,gas pressures,

When you run hot water does the flow pipe get hot {c/h}

Sponsored Links
i have tried adjusting the temp of the hot water using the dial on the front of the boiler to no avail.

Need to some more diagnostics i guess. could it be the thing that diverts the water from heating to hot water? so in effect when i turn the hot water on (with the heating off) it is actually heating the house instead of heating water? Thats a pretty easy test i guess?

If when you turn hot tap on and its heating the rads as well it is your diaphram has a hole in it ,easy to change

If when you turn hot tap on and its heating the rads as well it is your diaphram has a hole in it ,easy to change

Thanks lightning - so it is the diaphragm that controls whether the CH is heated or the hot water? not so sure how these things work but thanks for your help so fer :)

Incorrect.

If rads are coming on with hot water demand the diverter needs replacing......not the pressure differential diaphram

sounds expensive? is that a fix a capable diy'er can do?

Any idea where i might get instructions to do it / which sites are best for parts?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back