potterton 60e not start after draining down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

thanks to this forum last years problem of faulty fan on my boiler was quickly resolved, so i'm back for more help :(

system desc: potterton 60e, 2 x 2PV, 12 radiators, boiler and hot tank downstairs.

rerouted pipe during bathroom refurb yesterday. this required emptying of tank in loft.

after work, tanks full again, hot and cold pressures throughout house back to norm.

switched CH/HW system back on, pump very noisy, boiler would start for minute or so then switch off.
suspected with the noise that air in system. opened drain valve to flow through from header tank, good. closed off. opened all rad stats fully, put pump on again, and bled radiators.

now have got all air out of radiators, pump runs super quite and off/on on demand, however now the boiler makes no attempt to start !!! no click, no fan, no heat, no nothing.

what have I done ? does the system need pressurised or bled at the boiler ?

many thanks
Richard

Sponsored Links
probably o`heat reset button underneath

make sure you bleed pump and coil on cyl

Airlock in main flow or return, and or in pump probably caused boiler to overheat, common openvent problem.
Reset boiler following M.I. and make sure no air in pump.

aha, found and pressed reset button underneath, voila boiler starts and now have hot water flowing silently through my radiators.

thanks guys,

wish I had posted last night, could have then had my bath before bed :)

tks

Sponsored Links
Wow. 4 minutes to diagnose fault, confirm with second opinion and solve problem.
We should run this forum as a business.

Wow. 4 minutes to diagnose fault, confirm with second opinion and solve problem.

there are sites that charge you for answering questions

you type in a q and it says there are x amount of people that will answer for £x amount

there are sites that charge you for answering questions
Paying to share my knowledge? I'd rather go to the pub.
That's a bit like these dating websites. As if it isn't bad enough that some women expect you to always pay for both of you, you would have to pay for the privilege of paying for their drinks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back