Potterton Back Boiler has hot radiators but no hot water

By your attitude your obviously a youngish guy who takes an interest in his job, but you don't know everything and you could learn a lot off these guys if you have the brains to allow yourself too.

I asked politely, gave opinions politely, then got a barrage of mouth and attitude, no need.

Sponsored Links
You are the one that made a dick of himself. I would also judge you to be the first to be "out of line" first. Principally in the post I have conveniently quoted above.

Now how long have you been working in the trade? Genuine question.

Sponsored Links
You are the one that made a dick of himself. I would also judge you to be the first to be "out of line" first. Principally in the post I have conveniently quoted above.

Now how long have you been working in the trade? Genuine question.

O,k didn`t mean to be a dick, sorry, apprentice plumber at 16, now 29, gas qualified 3 years ago. It still wasn`t a blocked cold feed on a potterton back boiler because the tenant proved it by bleeding his rads, answer that Obi Wan Knanobhead :LOL: Smell my cheese you Mother!

Well you have been arguing with chaps that have been doing this longer. And have forgotten more than you think you've seen.

Register for the Combustion Chamber section, have a read and let bygones be bygones.

Trainee plumber 21, gas qualified at 23, running my own business ever since, 37 now.

Steel was plumbing when copper was considered new fangled. Don't ask his opinion on press fit.

Whether it was the cold feed or not isn't the issue. The issue is that you ridiculed Dans suggestion that it might be , showing your knowledge is lacking.
I did warn you but you're still acting the cnt so crack on.

I remember when my underling was arguing with me over the cause of heating coming on with the hot water on an s plan.

Bless. He was convinced that the valve on the heating was goosed. :LOL:

He's gas qualified too.

I remember when my underling was arguing with me over the cause of heating coming on with the hot water on an s plan.

Bless. He was convinced that the valve on the heating was goosed. :lol.

He had a point Dan. :mrgreen:

He might have done if the first test I made him do was run the system in hot water only mode from cold ;)

Would be interested to hear plumbingservices diagnosis?

In fairness, thanks, dan, steel, sooey etc, however, no need to gang up on someone who dares to disagree with your opinions, Dan was wrong and so was steelmason on this one, you guys know more than me is granted, but don`t get a big attitude on because someone challenges your opinion,however great you think you are.That said, it`s nice to meet you and I`m not going to join some privileged gas club thanks. Still like to know when I`m wrong rather than silly smilies and holding someone up to ridicule because you know better. Talk to the guy posting bad advice instead of sniggering between yourselves on the Forum, it`s bad taste and discourages anyone to come forward with an opinion for fear of the obvious ridicule that you all enjoy doling out. Have a heart guy`s, you used to be dumb once.Not that I am, you where still wrong and haven`t answere the OPs question. ;) I did. For your information Dan, I have my own business and a staff of four, 2 plumbers, 2 gas fitters if I`m wrong they put me right, and we`re damn busy ;) :LOL:

If I`m that stupid, why would you care about my answer? ;) Read over the posts, see if you can spot your obvious mistake which makes you completely wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back