Potterton boilers

Well thanks for the varied replies and the odd rant or two. As for being accused of being tight (GASMAN 1015 :mad: )...why should I let myself be ripped off if somebody fancies chancing his arm at making money at my expense? I don't accuse anyone in general or make claims that every plumber / engineer is out to rip everyone off, just want to make sure that if it does happen it doesn't happen to me. As for agreeing the price upfront...doesn't it help if you know the extent of the problem up front and possible costs before agreeing anything? When its an unknown entity how can you price it and agree it upfront?

To those more serious (and sensible) responses, in a nutshell it looks like it could be the PCB with a possible link to the electrode lead and that we are looking at a ball park figure of £200 to replace. Thanks

Sponsored Links
how many main stream manufacturers offer five years parts and labour on their products?

potterton now have the potterton gold with 3 year parts and labor warranty, and baxi have the baxi platinum with 5 year parts and labour warranty............

Diyisfun, I think you better get your tin hat on. Can see the sparks flying when the regular read you post.

As a service/ repair RGI, I am of the impression that the makers do not care, as long as they show a healthy profit. It is not for the first time I have had to ring a manufacturer at 13 or 14 months into life of a new appliance, that they refuse to do anything about it.

There are fans for boilers, identicle motors, but slightly different housings. I cannot fathom why one fan costs £100 and another twice that. If one could remove the motor and transfer it to faulty unit, I am sure the fan would work without any problems. Same motor, same makers code, same size impeller.

Anyone that works in manufacturing, will understand quality V cost, it is calculated people are employed solely for that purpose, even down to packaging.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have moved to new house which is fitted with a Lynx Boiler. Its really confusing and Iam not really sure how to make it work properly .

I have a thermostat in the house and If I set the temperature does the boiler switch on and off depending on the temp to be maintained?.......

If someone could give me quick tips to make it work it would be much appreciated .

Thanks
J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back