Potterton ep2002 replacement

Sponsored Links
As you can see from the diagrams you have posted, terminals N, L, 1, 2, 3 & 4 have exactly the same functions for both programmers, so the wires from these terminals swap over from one to the other directly like for like. As you don't have wires in terminals 1 & 2 now the new programmer won't have any connections to these terminals either.

The other EP terminals are just there as handy connections, like a junction box, they have no function as regards the programmer and in your case you are lucky, they haven't been used.

You can discard the brown link wire between EP L and 5. The diagram for the new programmer shows that it has this connection made internally for you already and for that reason doesn't have a terminal 5.

The blue and black wires in the neutral bar on the left need to remain connected together [or simply put the black wire in the N terminal and discard the link, electrically it achieves the same thing]

The earth wires will also need to remain connected together.

Last edited:
Thank you so very much i dif research and thought they where like for like,then i saw that number 5 and thought i better get some advice.my mother in law has white finger and needs a cosy house,doesnt need me muffing the heating up ! Thanks again !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back