Drayton WR1 & UP2 wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I am currently getting ready to move homes. A few years ago I installed a Hive heating and hot water controller. I'm trying to install the previous system back in, the Drayton WR1 and UP2, but I forgot how it was wired together.

From what I remember, the UP2 wiring was untouched and was a direct swap with the Hive because of the similar backplate. I might be wrong.

I would very much appreciate any advice.

WR1 receiver

UP2

Sponsored Links
You are right, the UP2 and Hive dual channel do have the same connections as per below:

Hive.JPG

However as the UP2 doesn't have room temperature control built in as the Hive does, you will need to reinstate the original room thermostat and WR1 receiver. So based on your above photo's

1. The WR1 receiver needs a 230V supply to N & L - This appears to already be connected.

2. Remove the black wire from the UP2 programmer backplate terminal 4 (Central heating on)

3. Connect WR1 terminal 1 (Grey wire) to the UP2 programmer backplate terminal 4 (Central heating on)

4. Connect WR1 terminal 3 (Black wire) to the black wire just removed in step 2 above

Sponsored Links
You are right, the UP2 and Hive dual channel do have the same connections as per below:

View attachment 210275

However as the UP2 doesn't have room temperature control built in as the Hive does, you will need to reinstate the original room thermostat and WR1 receiver. So based on your above photo's

1. The WR1 receiver needs a 230V supply to N & L - This appears to already be connected.

2. Remove the black wire from the UP2 programmer backplate terminal 4 (Central heating on)

3. Connect WR1 terminal 1 (Grey wire) to the UP2 programmer backplate terminal 4 (Central heating on)

4. Connect WR1 terminal 3 (Black wire) to the black wire just removed in step 2 above

Thank you so much! That’s worked for me.

apologies for such a delayed response. I’ve been moving house all of November. Gradually settling in the new place. Really appreciate the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back