Potterton Flamingo Making Air.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the past 15yrs I have been the proud owner of a Potterton Flamingo CF 35-50 boiler. It warms up water very well and have no real complaints about its performance so have not replaced it. It gets serviced once a year by myself, and yes I am a mech/elec engineer not gas reg but know how to treat these dinosours.
The boiler is approx 30yrs young and the past owners have all said it has had the same fault for as long as they can remember, as it heats up and comes to cut out temp it starts making air, it carries on making air for at least 5mins after boiler has cut out, this usually bubbles up to the vent when on H/W and over time will put air into one rad on C/H. When I service it I remove and strip the H/E clean it out and it was one of these occasions I noticed the flow connection tube inside the H/E reaches to the lower part of the H/E. On finding an installation manual on the net recently the flow pipe is flush with the top of the inside of the H/E. I was curious if this would cause the problem, have tried all the usual liquid remedies but to no avail.
Your head scratching would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back